[rt-users] RT 3.8.x Translation - Question for German Users

Benjamin Weser weser at osp-dd.de
Fri Aug 29 04:08:47 EDT 2008

Hi German users,

Maybe it's too late now for an answer but in our company most people use
the German GUI and mostly they use the following terms while talking
about tickets:
Ticket = Ticket (almost never "Anfragen")
Queue = Bereich/Queue

I also like the idea of Torben to translate the Dashboard to
"Übersichten". Maybe you can extend it to "Persönliche Übersichten" to
tell the user that this will be his own setting.

And I totally agree with keeping the rights in English. But I don't mind
since I'm using the English version anyway...

Another thing I'd like to be changed would be the menu "Anfragen".
Nobody expects the ticket search there. Since the menu above is called
"Vereinfachte Suche" I'd like the menu "Anfragen" to be called
"Erweiterte Suche" or similar. Also "Wiedervorlage" (in English
"Reminders") would be better translated to "Erinnerung" imho.

Maybe some other people can think of more improvements on the
translation too.

Best,
Ben