[rt-users] RT::Authen::ExternalAuth - prevents creation of users

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Fri Aug 29 13:26:28 EDT 2008

Robin Winslow wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Suggestions:
>> Please put a warning on http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/ExternalAuth that the mere installation of the module may break your RT.

It doesn't break it, it changes how it works, that being the intention
of an extension. However, the next time I get a chance to release an
update there will be a global enable/disable ExternalAuth variable so
that you can install the extension but still not use it until you are ready.

>> If you can, set it up to be installed via aptitude (or apt-get) because then it can at least be removed easily.

That's not up to me, that's up to people who create packages for linux
distributions. Speak to whoever maintains the RT package for your
distribution.

>> Please please please stop if from changing your RT configuration merely by installing it. You should be able to install it without worry, and then activate/de-activate it independently.

As above, independent activation is planned for the next release, but
you must understand that installation of an extension such as this is an
intentional change to the active code. The *configuration* however does
not change until you change it with the supplied examples.
--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com