[rt-users] A few more GPG questions

Charlie Reddington charlie.reddington at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 13:49:51 EDT 2008

Here's what I have done so far...

I have a key setup for my helpdesk at example.com. I have added my public
key to this one and have added helpdesk's key to my own. I have on the
RT side added my key to be fully trusted.

When I send an email into the helpdesk it goes into the ticket
encrypted. From here I do not understand how to go about decrypting
this message so the staff can see it. I also do not have any useful
messages in my apache error logs any more about this, it looks like
everything is fine from that point of view.

As root I have gone under preferences and see a category for
'cryptography'. I imagine I need to find a way for me to choose which
key to use to decrypt messages but I have no idea how to get this
working.

Here's my GPG config options in RT_SiteConfig.pm

Set( %GnuPG,
     Enable=>1,
     OutgoingMessagesFormat=>'RFC',
     AllowEncryptDataInDB=>0,
     '--passphrase'=>'removed',
);
Set(@MailPlugins, ’Auth::MailFrom’, ’Auth::GnuPG’,
);

Any one want to chime in on what is the next step from here?

Thanks,

Charlie