[rt-users] Separate permission

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Aug 29 19:46:12 EDT 2008

On Aug 29, 2008, at 4:55 PM, Kenneth Crocker wrote:

> 	I'm not using 3.8 yet, but I was hoping that perhaps the permissions
> had been modified a bit to allow a user from one queue to "link" his
> ticket to a ticket in another queue without having to have the
> "ModifyTicket" privilege. I have many queues that could have their
> tickets linked to tickets in other queues, but don't want the support
> personnel of those other queues to be able to modify tickets in their
> own. Does that make any sense?

I can't tell if you don't want to hand out ModifyTicket to these
users at all or if you're ok letting them have ModifyTicket in their
own queue.

If the latter, StrictLinkACL in your config may help.

If the former, there is some rather tangled code that would
need untangling to do what you want.

-kevin