[rt-users] Undefined subroutine &RT::Authen::ExternalAuth::UserExists

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Thu Dec 4 09:41:10 EST 2008

gwen wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to install RT (with Postgres and LDAP backends).  I
> have gotten it working with Postgres so far, but I'm now quite stuck
> on the LDAP integration.  Here is the snippet from RT_SiteConfig.pm
> for LDAP:
>
> Set($WebExternalAuth , '1');
> Set($WebFallbackToInternalAuth , '1');
> #Set(@Plugins,(qw(Extension::QuickDelete)));
> #Set(@Plugins,(qw(RT::FM)));
> Set(@Plugins, qw(RT::Authen::ExternalAuth));
> #Set($LogToFileNamed , "rt.log");
> #Set($LogToFile , 'debug');

Unless you are also using an apache authentication method, you shouldnt
have WebExternalAuth on.

> When I try to log into RT, I get the following error in the browser:
>
> Undefined subroutine &RT::Authen::ExternalAuth::UserExists called at
> /opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/html/Callbacks/ExternalAuth/autohandler/Auth
> line 39,  line 323.

Last time someone came across this (iirc) we never got to the bottom of
it, but starting from scratch the problem went away :/
--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com