[rt-users] How to learn RT? (I need to add custom database query)

Aleksey Tsalolikhin atsaloli.tech at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 18:24:50 EST 2008

Hi.  So I've just installed RT 3.8.1.   I've never used RT before
though I did install RT 2 a couple of years ago for somebody.

My boss asked me how can we make it so that each ticket includes some
custom information fetched from a separate database.

For example, circuit id, from a list of all the different circuits we have.

My question is - how should I learn RT?  I have the book but it covers
RT 2, not RT 3.   Is it worthwhile to read the book?  Or should I head
straight for the Wiki?  I've already gone through the FAQ...  and I am
about to look at the blog.

Thanks,
Aleksey

--