[rt-users] Issue with RT 3.8.1 and Active Directory authentication

Bryan McLellan btm at loftninjas.org
Mon Dec 8 17:53:38 EST 2008

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 10:44 AM, Elton S. Fenner
<elton.fenner at al.rs.gov.br>wrote:

> I can login but get this message in browser:
> *Can't call method "as_string" on an undefined value at
> /opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth/LDAP.pm
> line 97,  line 514. *

This looks like it's the section of code checking the group.

> *                'group'                     =>  'DSI_Rede_Usu',
>                 'group_attr'                =>  '',*

Have you tried with these two lines commented out? I would think group_attr
must be set. I believe 'uniqueMember' is what openldap uses, and active
directory uses 'member'. I also think group would be a full DN, but the code
may search. I've never used these before myself.

Bryan