[rt-users] LDAP authentication and existing users - done

Joe Hartley joe.hartley at retailsolutions.com
Wed Dec 10 12:28:12 EST 2008

To close the thread here, I've changed all the RT accounts to use the AD
login name as the username within RT.  All's well with the
authentication, users can see their tickets in the self-service
interface.

On the downside, a new ticket created by an email from a user unknown to
the system did not get created with the AD username, but that's because
the AD server did not have a value entered for the user's email, a
side-effect of having an email service that does not use our AD for any
authentication.

Thanks for the help!

--
Joe Hartley | Sr. Linux SysAdmin
Retail Solutions, Inc. (formerly VeriSign RDS)
joe.hartley at retailsolutions.com
+1 401.824.5040 (o) | +1 401.824.5002 (f)