[rt-users] Notify on Resolve with Exceptions

Robert Munsch Munsch at phillycarshare.org
Fri Dec 12 17:51:55 EST 2008

Hello list,

I'm using this

my @exceptionList = ('robot at system1.org',

                                    'android at system2.net');

my $newStatus = $self->TicketObj->Status;

my $ticketRequestor = lc($self->TicketObj->RequestorAddresses);

if ($newStatus eq 'resolved') {

  return if grep { $ticketRequestor eq lc($_) } @exceptionList;

  return 1;

}

return;

to exclude automated systems from replies when tickets are resolved.
It's a slight mod of the "Autoreply on create with exceptions" action I
found.  It seems to work, with one minor hiccup:

For the Action dropdown, I have "Notify Requestors, CCs and AdminCCs"
selected - NOT the "as comment" option.  However, when I hit Resolve on
a ticket and get to the the text box for final resolution notes, I
notice it defaults to "Update Type: Comment (not sent to requestors)."

Am I mashing two things together here?  Where can I change that Update
Type default, but still keep the exception check?

Thanks,

Rob Munsch

IT Administrator

http://www.PhillyCarShare.org <http://www.PhillyCarShare.org>