[rt-users] Upgrade 3.6 -> 3.8; something wacky with users?

Kevin Murphy murphy at genome.chop.edu
Tue Dec 16 14:36:57 EST 2008

I just upgraded from RT 3.6.6 to 3.8.1 on Mac OS X Server 10.4.11, using
PostgreSQL 8.3.5.

Creating a ticket, I see a couple candidate owners who shouldn't be in
the Owner drop-down menu, even including a non-privileged user.

I followed the instructions (but see next paragraph), as far as I know
(I've done many RT upgrades over the years), and I didn't see any
errors.  The installation of CPAN dependencies went fine, the make
upgrade went fine, there were no errors when I ran the database upgrade
script.  I read the UPGRADING file but didn't see any actionable items
for me.  I don't see anything unusual in the PostgreSQL, system, or
Apache logs.

The only unusual occurrence was that I initially ran 'sudo make upgrade'
on top of the existing RT directory, but I then decided to move that
directory out of the way and run 'sudo make upgrade' again.

RT 3.8 looks great, but hopefully I don't have a corrupted database.  I
*do* have a backup of the database, of course.

I'd like some advice on how to proceed.

Thanks for any tips,
Kevin Murphy