[rt-users] Latin Characters

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Wed Dec 17 12:37:03 EST 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 12:12:51PM -0430, Eliezer E Chávez wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I installed RT as a solution to remove Remedy's AR in my company, but i'm
> having some troubles displaying spanish accented characters like á é í ó ú
> or ñ, so, if anybody has any ideas, will be very appreciated
>
> My install is
>
> Solaris 10 SPARC
> Perl 5.10
> RT 3.8.1
> Oracle 10.2.4

Did you set "spanish" in your RT preferences to have the UI in spanish?
If so is the problem only with menu/buttons or with tickets
subject/contents?

Do you have something like "AddDefaultCharset UTF-8" in your apache
configuration?

What is your database encoding?
(select * from nls_database_parameters where
parameter='NLS_CHARACTERSET';)