[rt-users] RT permission question

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Wed Dec 17 15:27:38 EST 2008

On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 15:22:24 -0500, Kenneth Crocker <KFCrocker at lbl.gov>
wrote:

> Stephen,
>

> 	I tried the following tests:
>
> 	1) added rights to the first group for target queue. No Joy.
> 	2) tried to have owner move ticket to a queue that allowed any
> privileged user to "CreateTicket". Also no joy.
> 	I'm dumbfounded. He IS a privileged user or I wouldn't be able to have
> him in a group. Of course, I checked anyway.
>

> Kenn
> LBNL

Kenn,

Does your user have ModifyTicket on the "from" queue?

One way to really get to the bottom of this is a Perl script that (logged
on as your user) uses the API to read the ticket and attempts to change
the queue. Stepping through the code using the debugger should show you
exactly where the "permission denied" is happening and should help you
figure out why.

Steve

--
Stephen Turner