[rt-users] Migrating to LDAP

James Chamberlain jamesc at exa.com
Thu Dec 18 19:06:27 EST 2008

Hi List,

I've got a question I'm hoping someone here can help me with.  I have
an existing installation of RT that I'd like to move to another server
and upgrade.  As part of this process, I want to switch to
RT::Authen::ExternAuth for authentication.  I'm changing people's
passwords as part of this.  I've set up a test system, but I've
noticed something kind of odd in its behavior.  It seems like people
can authenticate with either their old password or their new.  That
is, it seems like both the Users table and the LDAP directory are
being consulted.  If the user's password is correct in either one of
them, the user gets in; but the user has to enter the wrong password
according to both before authentication fails.  Have I missed
something?  What can I do to make sure that only the LDAP directory
gets used?

Thanks,

James