[rt-users] RT Reports, Stats, Metrics, etc....

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 23:31:07 EST 2008

Hello,

>From my experience I can say that people want so different things.
Depends on workflow, features in RT they use, the way they use them,
extension...

That's why special reporting tools like Crystal Reports exist.

Another option is excel or analogue. People export data into a
spreadsheet and generate some reports using these programms.

3.8 made a step towards reports - dashboards. It's a way to get named
collection of objects: searches, charts or graphs (maybe I forgot
about some). Charts also didn't stay on the same place, for example in
3.8.2 it would be possible to group by requestors' company and other
fields users' has, the same applies to Ccs, AdminCcs and Owner. I
think late 3.6 versions can show charts grouped by custom fields. With
smart using of searches by relative dates, some special values you can
generate pretty nice dynamic charts, group them with searches on one
dashboard. People can receive information in dashboard via email.

And of course Best Practical can build a custom reporting solution for
you. We don't charge for estimates, however we'll need a bit more
detail about the project.  Drop us a note at sales at bestpractical.com.
I'll make sure the salesperson is nice to you.

On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 4:50 AM, Jared Hanks <jmhanks1373 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm currently running RT 3.6.1 and I need to get some
> reporting/stats/metrics/etc out of RT.  I know there are a few very basic
> reports with the install, but nothing too complex.  I believe there was some
> emails going around the user lists a while back about what users wanted for
> reports.  Are there more reports in the current 3.8.x version?  Or is it
> still something people are doing on their own?  I think I've heard people
> using Crystal Reports, but I'm not too familiar with it.  I'm trying to
> determine if upgrading would get me the reports I needed or if developing
> (or having someone else develop) reports is the way I should be going.
>
> Any input is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Jared

Best regards, Ruslan.