[rt-users] RT2-to-RT3 migration lost ticket data and status change issues

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Dec 31 13:45:44 EST 2008

On Dec 18, 2008, at 9:01 PM, Brian Friday wrote:

> Thanks Drew,
>
> Your tips led me to the library issues. RT2 can not be exported
> without the same perl modules used for RT2. Once I installed the
> correct libraries everything exported correctly.
>
> My import however still has one snag, or rather 51,000 or so snags. I
> have 51,000 tickets with the status of "new" 99% of which did not
> originally have that status when they were exported and did not have
> that status in the dump file.

You didn't say what version of RT-Extension-RT2toRT3 you're
using, but I've done numerous rt2 to rt3 conversions using
the cpan versions without seeing this

If Status isn't making it into the dumpfiles generated by rt-2.0-to-
dumpfile
then they will default to 'new' when being created by in rt3

-kevin