[rt-users] RT2-to-RT3 migration lost ticket data and status change issues

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Dec 31 16:31:26 EST 2008

On Dec 31, 2008, at 4:11 PM, Brian Friday wrote:

> On Dec 31, 2008, at 10:45 AM, Kevin Falcone wrote:
>

>> On Dec 18, 2008, at 9:01 PM, Brian Friday wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Drew,
>>>
>>> Your tips led me to the library issues. RT2 can not be exported
>>> without the same perl modules used for RT2. Once I installed the
>>> correct libraries everything exported correctly.
>>>
>>> My import however still has one snag, or rather 51,000 or so
>>> snags. I
>>> have 51,000 tickets with the status of "new" 99% of which did not
>>> originally have that status when they were exported and did not have
>>> that status in the dump file.
>>
>> You didn't say what version of RT-Extension-RT2toRT3 you're
>> using, but I've done numerous rt2 to rt3 conversions using
>> the cpan versions without seeing this
>>
>> If Status isn't making it into the dumpfiles generated by rt-2.0-to-
>> dumpfile
>> then they will default to 'new' when being created by in rt3
>>
>> -kevin
>
> Actually I did, latest, though I guess I could be more clear and
> said SVN version as well.

I don't trust 'latest' as a version number since people occasionally
download the
incredibly old version on downloads.bestpractical.com rather than the
CPAN
version, and I fixed quite a bit for the CPAN version.

> The status exists in the dumped tickets but that status is not
> maintained in the dumpfile to rt3
> push rather all resolved tickets are pushed back to new a status we
> did not have in RT2.

The only change made to Status during the dumpfile -> rt3 script is
that if the status
is dead it is changed to deleted.

Have you verified the output by using Storable to reinflate one of the
stored ticket
files?  If so, please send along the content (feel free to strip the
subject and anonymise
the other data) seeing the hash that ends up in the file would help me
make
suggestions, since the Status field is a rather straightforward copy
across the
versions.

-kevin