[rt-users] FW: Seeing approvals

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Fri Feb 1 03:47:18 EST 2008

On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 04:31:16PM -0800, Roger Mastrude wrote:
> It's true that the Wiki article has a solution to just this problem, but does that solution work?
>
> Emmanuel, have you seen this work? I have tried both giving a group
> rights to the Approvals queue and giving the grouups rights to the
> approval ticket, and in both cases members of the group don't see the
> ticket in My Approvals.

Yes, it works, here is my setup:

In the queue which require aproval, I have a script "on create, add
tickets, with template aprovals".

The aprovals template looks like:

===Create-Ticket: Queue1
Subject: {$Tickets{'TOP'}->Subject}
Depended-On-By: {$Tickets{"TOP"}->Id}
Queue: Queue1-approve
Type: approval
Owner: rt
AdminCC: {
   my $group_name  = 'Queue1-managers';
   my $groups      = RT::Groups->new( $RT::SystemUser );

   $groups->LimitToUserDefinedGroups();
   $groups->Limit(
         'FIELD'    => 'Name',
         'OPERATOR' => '=',
         'VALUE'    => $group_name );
   $groups->First->Id;
}
Content: {$Tickets{'TOP'}->Transactions->First->Content()}
ENDOFCONTENT

I have a queue (disabled) where goes approvals : Queue1-approve.

I have a group of managers to approve those tickets: Queue1-managers.

This group wtach as admincc Queue1-approve.

On Queue1-approve, AdminCC group have the following rights:

ModifyTicket
OwnTicket
ShowTicket

And of course, I have some other traditionnal scrips to send email when aproval
is needed, when aproved, when rejected, ...

Hope this will help you.