[rt-users] Installing RT in Solaris

Keith Paskett klpaskett at comcast.net
Fri Feb 1 10:12:36 EST 2008

There is no compiling necessary. The blastwave installer will download
and install a copy of perl with all the appropriate modules. Everything
gets installed at /opt/csw. I typically set up RT in a local zone so
it's easy to play around with and start over if I mess something up. In
fact, by putting the zone in a ZFS file system, I can restore the whole
zone to a point in time using ZFS snapshots in about 5 minutes.

After installing there will be a blastwave specific readme at
/opt/csw/rt3/share/doc/README.CSW

 - Keith