[rt-users] Reports

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Tue Feb 5 12:03:40 EST 2008

Steve Cochran wrote:
> I was just looking at the built-in reports, and I couldn't find
> anything on the wiki or list archives about customizing them or
> creating new reports.
>
> What's the most common approach? RT3StatisticsPackage? My needs are
> pretty simple.  Right now just have four main criteria to report on:
>
> For a user-definable time period, stats on:
> 	- messages received
> 	- replies sent
> 	- tickets / category (custom field)

It's probably a god-awful way to do it, but failing any better way I
could find at the time, I threw together some custom perl scripts called
via cron jobs together that end up calling this doQuery($query) :

`export RTSERVER="<SERVER_URL>";
export RTUSER="<RTUSER>";
export RTPASSWD="<RTPASS>";
cd <RT_REPORTS_DIR>;
echo -e "***\nOutput of Query: $query\n\n" >> <REPORT_LOG_FILE>;
../bin/rt list -i "$query" | ../bin/rt show - -f
id,subject,owner,status,created,lastupdated >> <REPORT_LOG_FILE>;
echo -e "\n***" >> <REPORT_LOG_FILE>`

Apologies for the bad coding - but if you want to clean it up and send
it back :p ...

--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com