[rt-users] Ideas on best way to do this?

Greg Evans gevans at hcc.net
Tue Feb 5 12:05:28 EST 2008

Here is what I would like to do, but I am not sure if the approach I am taking is one that makes sense or if I should be going about it a different way, so I thought I would ask ☺

Idea for how I would like it to work

Caller 1 calls in on Issue A (Ticket #XXXX)
	-->Ticket Created
	-->Ticket Gets Resolved
	-->Caller 1 Calls in on Issue B (Sub/Child Ticket of Original Ticket)
		-->Ticket Created
		-->Ticket Gets Resolved
	-->Caller 1 Calls in on Issue C (Sub/Child Ticket of Original Ticket)
		-->Ticket Created
		-->Ticket Gets Resolved

Caller 2 calls in on Issue A (Ticket #XXXY)
	-->Ticket Created
	-->Ticket Gets Resolved
	-->Caller 2 Calls in on Issue B (Sub/Child Ticket of Original Ticket)
		-->Ticket Created
		-->Ticket Gets Resolved
	-->Caller 2 Calls in on Issue C (Sub/Child Ticket of Original Ticket)
		-->Ticket Created
		-->Ticket Gets Resolved

The idea is that when we create a ticket for a given user, each additional ticket will refer to the original ticket. So I am thinking that Child Tickets would be the best way to do this. Am I correct, or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks In Advance

Greg Evans