[rt-users] Ideas on best way to do this?

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Tue Feb 5 12:26:47 EST 2008

Leonid Mamchenkov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Feb 5, 2008 7:11 PM, Mike Peachey <mike.peachey at jennic.com> wrote:
>> It certainly doesn't seem to make sense, why use the requestor's first
>> ticket as a reference point instead of the requestor account itself?
> [...]
>> Perhaps if you explained why you were looking at doing it this way - an
>> idea as to what you are trying to accomplish..
>
> One of the scenarios I can think about (actually one that I am
> interested in myself) is when you have a number of clients (company
> information with several individuals, phone numbers, etc).  You create
> a ticket for each each client with some custom fields to store
> additional information.  Then all requests from the client are created
> as child tickets, so that you can have a clear picture of what's going
> on by looking at the links of the client ticket.

Why wouldn't you use User Custom Fields instead of storing the
information in a separate ticket for the user?

--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com