[rt-users] Custom Field size

Todd Chapman todd at chaka.net
Fri Feb 8 09:55:45 EST 2008

Kenneth,

The callback is a building block for changing that behavior of any CF you
want.

Then you drop components into /opt/rt3/local/html/Elements/CustomFields/ to
actually change specific CFs.

So in your case you create a file called EditCF_my_cf_name. The contents
should be:

<& /Elements/EditCustomFieldText, %ARGS, Rows => 10, Cols => 40 &>

All this does is pass the arguments (%ARGS) that RT would normally use to
render your text area CF and overrides the Rows and Cols settings. It uses
EditCustomFieldText which is what RT would normally use, but now you have
specific control of the number of rows and columns for that custom field. It
does not allow you to control the size of all custom fields at once. If you
want to do that you can use CSS.

-Todd