[rt-users] Why Resolve + Comment?

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Sat Feb 9 03:00:14 EST 2008

On Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 06:12:10PM +0000, Jean-Sebastien Morisset wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a small problem with my users... One of them will take ownership
> of the ticket, work the problem, choose 'Resolve' and write what they
> did in the text box.
>
> This means the requestor doesn't see the summary of work done because
> it's a comment and not a reply.
>
> Is there a reason Resolve defaults to a Comment, and is there a way to
> change the default to Reply?

For the reason, maybe because there is already an auto-reply sent to the
requestor, so no need for another reply. AW it depends highly on
organizations that uses RT and their workflows.

To change it, do the following:

- copy share/html/Ticket/Elements/Tabs to
  local/html/Ticket/Elements/Tabs
- edit this file to change the line 157 (as of 3.6.6):

before:

 path => "Ticket/Update.html?Action=Comment&DefaultStatus=resolved&id=" . $id,

after:

 path => "Ticket/Update.html?Action=Respond&DefaultStatus=resolved&id=" . $id,

Then empty your Mason cache and restart your webserver.