[rt-users] SelfService Redirects

Erik Peterson epeterson at edc.org
Mon Feb 11 12:20:10 EST 2008

Hi,

I have an installation of RT 3.6.6.  We were getting ourselves ready to
release the Self Service interface to our company (RT is used for
HelpDesk tracking here).  I know that Self Service was working at one
point, but then time passed and the plan was shelved for a while.

Now that we're back looking at it, Self Service is causing problems when
anyone actually tries to view a ticket.  Firefox reports: "The page
isn't redirecting properly.  Firefox has detected that the server is
redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never
complete."

I was wondering if the upgrade to 3.6.4 a while back was when it broke:

>From the 3.6.4 Announcement:

* Implement redirect after update in SelfService as it's implemented in
the full interface, so people can reload page without side effects.
Thanks to doogles and Todd Chapman.

That was the only thing I could find in the archives that matched some
of the issues I saw.

Here's one of the lines in the Apache logs that shows the redirect
happening (edited some IPs, domains, etc.)

155.xx.xx.xxx - - [11/Feb/2008:12:13:33 -0500] "GET
/SelfService/Display.html?id=2907 HTTP/1.1" 302 238
"http://x.mydomain.org/SelfService/" "Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel
Mac OS X; en-US; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080201 Firefox/2.0.0.12"

The only non-standard thing I think we use is the LDAP auth overlay
which does work fine.  Self Service does this both for privileged and
unprivileged users in the SelfService area.  All of the non-SelfService
features seem to be fine.

If anyone can point me to a starting place, I'll be glad to investigate
more.

Thanks,
Erik