[rt-users] RT creates a new session every 'Take', 'Update Ticket', 'Save'

Paulo Filipe Andrade pauloandrade at ist.utl.pt
Mon Feb 11 13:56:00 EST 2008

Hi,

I'm testing out rt3.6.6 and found that every time I create a ticket,
update a ticket, or take a ticket (possibly even with more actions) I
get sent back to the login page.

In the logs  everything seems fine..

I have set firefox to ask me before storing cookies, and found that
whenever I click one of the mentioned actions I get a new session
cookie. Of course, in the new session I'm not yet authenticated,
therefore I get sent back to the login page.

I'm using postgres, but have also tried setting $WebSessionClass to
'Apache::Session::File', but the problem persists.

I have searched and found many others with this type of problem
(example: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/58833?search_string=back%20to%20login;#58833)
, but have not found a solution!

Any guidance toward debugging this is welcome!

Paulo F. Andrade
pauloandrade at ist.utl.pt