[rt-users] Security based on custom field values?

Ed Matthews g8orade at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 21:21:17 EST 2008

How does one securely slice "across" if you do it this way?
So pick one variable or the other, clients or suppliers. We are a contractor in the middle managing complaints, but with a workflow where a complaint may need to be assigned to a supplier rep or a client at some point in the process.
Say we create queues by client. Each client would see his quick search, our users could see all clients' queues as assigned.
We could have a supplier custom field on each ticket in a client queue, and we could create a custom query to run a report of complaints by supplier, for all clients.
In this setup, how would a supplier see his tickets and only his across any client queue?

Many thanks,
Ed