[rt-users] Mapping attributes.

Patterson, Craig crpatter at ci.grand-rapids.mi.us
Wed Feb 13 11:01:11 EST 2008

Fabio,

I'm not completely sure what you are asking, but if you're asking how to extract the username from the email address, we do something similar.

You can override CanonicalizeUserInfo in {RT-HOME}/local/lib/RT/User_Local.pm.

my @emailAddress = $$args{'Name');
my @results = split('@', $emailAddress);
my $userName = $results[0];

# then you want to trim the last char off...
$userName = substr($userName, 0, length($name)-1);

#Finish it up
$$args{'Name'} = $userName;

Of course, some perl wizard could probably do that in one line using regex.

Note, that I only put the snippet to grab the username.  There are examples of assigning LDAP attributes on the wiki, http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/LDAP.

-Craig Patterson