[rt-users] Can RT replace Remedy?

Torsten Brumm torsten.brumm at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 14 01:53:02 EST 2008

Hi Johan,
in our case it is a IBM pSeries p595 with 16 (quad core) CPU's for the DB
and 96GB RAM at this moment and 4 Webserver Intel based with 4 CPU's and 4
GB RAM.

The load times <2sec means a overall (measured with Cacti) for most common
activities. More in detail:

1. Login 5-10sec (depending on amount of queues and loaded "Modules" at the
RT At A Glance page
2. Open a queue view from Quicksearch <0,5sec
3. Open a "normal" ticket <1sec

PS: and there is also enough space for optimizations (old MySQL Release,
older RT Release) so i'm looking forward to speed it up more.

Torsten

2008/2/14, Johan Baarman <johan.baarman at citec.fi>:

>  Hi Torsten,
>
> Just out of curiosity, may I ask what kind of hardware setup that might
> be? You seem to be running a hugh instance and still have descent page
> loads. We are experiencing slow performance in our environment although we
> have a fairly fast db-server and rt-server.
>
> /Johan
>

> On 2/14/08 8:01 AM, "Torsten Brumm" <torsten.brumm at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi James,
> we run RT in a huge environment (30.000 active Users, round about 20.000new tickets a day) and you can have it running fast (page load times from
> round about <2s) but it is depending on your hardware setup and software
> tuning, but like Todd said, ask jesse, he can support you very well.
>
> Torsten

MFG

Torsten Brumm

http://www.torsten-brumm.de