[rt-users] Why Resolve + Comment?

Chris stretchoutandwait at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 09:50:57 EST 2008

On Fri, Feb 8, 2008 at 1:12 PM, Jean-Sebastien Morisset
<jsmoriss at mvlan.net> wrote:
>  requestor doesn't see the summary of work done because
>  it's a comment and not a reply.

Jean-Sebastien,

I am working on this same thing.  Kenn Crocker's comment in this
thread about not messing with the internals of RT sounds good to me,
so the solution was just to make a template.  Remember, templates can
include perl, and so a template can do anything that perl can do.  I'm
no good with perl, so this often slips my mind.  Anyway, based on an
older message on rt-users, I made (using this word loosely) this new
template:

*************

Subject: Resolved: {$Ticket->Subject}

According to our records, your request has been resolved. If you have any
further questions or concerns, please respond to this message.

Comments about the resolution of this issue:

{
my $resolution_comment;
my $Transactions = $Ticket->Transactions;

$Transactions->Limit( FIELD => 'Type', VALUE => 'Comment' );
$Transactions->OrderByCols (
{ FIELD => 'Created', ORDER => 'DESC' },
{ FIELD => 'id', ORDER => 'DESC' },
);

my $CommentObj = $Transactions->First;
if( $CommentObj && $CommentObj->id ) {
$resolution_comment = $CommentObj->Content;
}

$resolution_comment;
}

It works!

Chris

>         We simply created our own "Resolve" template and include in that
>  template the last comment made when the ticket was resolved. That way we
>  didn't have to mess with any overrides or defaults in native RT.
>
>  Kenn
>  LBNL

Kenn,

If your template is better (and it probably is, heheh), please post it.