[rt-users] Email from RT landing in yahoo bulk folder

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Mon Feb 18 13:46:41 EST 2008

On Feb 17, 2008, at 1:36 AM, Asrai khn wrote:

> I wonders if this has to do something with copy to be sent back to
> requestor who is sending email to RT, as we are sending copy back to
> requestors.

You'll never know why yahoo files your mail the way it does.  The best
you can do is try to get a deliverability agreement with yahoo, but
that is a long hard process.  Even then, you never know what they'll
do to your mail.

One thing for sure to do is make sure your RT is not sending email
with the SMTP envelope as "www" or "http" or "httpd".  Create a new
custom return address (likely via an email server alias), and instruct
RT to use that as the SMTP sender.  Some large providers drop mail
coming from such addresses.