[rt-users] Upgraded to 3.6.6 and superuser functionality missing

Karl Boyken boyken at divms.uiowa.edu
Tue Feb 19 12:45:39 EST 2008

Yep, did all that.

I rolled back to 3.6.5, and still have the same problem.  I suspect I
may at some point have screwed up the rt3 database somehow.  I use
rtx-shredder and at one point, last December, after I first began using
it, I inadvertently deleted root, but I restored it and was able to
login and everything seemed fine--had full superuser functionality.  But
who knows?

I just now tried the restore-superuser-privileges tip from the Wiki, but
that didn't work, either.  So, now, I'm thinking I'll recreate the
database--start over with a new, pristine db--and suck over values from
the current one.  Any idea if that's just a big waste of time?

Karl