[rt-users] Not getting connection to mysql and disabled Configuration Tab on main page of RT

Dhananjay Joshi dhananjay at gslab.com
Wed Feb 20 02:16:04 EST 2008

Hello,

1.
I am trying to install Request Tracker on linux machine. I have
installed it
on one machine with all the prerequisites. and I have configured it on web
so that I can browse it and I am getting the home page of the RT.
By mistake in the configuration part super user is disabled. now I cant
get configuration tab in the main page of RT for user creation and other
stuffs.
How can i get that configuration tab back in the page ?

2.
when I am trying to connect to mysql I am getiing following errors. What
is solution for this also?

[root at oti rt-3.6.6]# make initialize-database
/usr/bin/perl //opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --action init --dba root
--prompt-for-dba-password
In order to create or update your RT database,this script needs to
connect to your mysql instance on localhost as root.
Please specify that user's database password below. If the user has no
database
password, just press return.

Password:
DBI connect(';host=localhost','root',...) failed: Access denied for user
'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at
//opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database line 105
Failed to connect to dbi:mysql:;host=localhost as root: Access denied
for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at
//opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database line 105, <STDIN> line 1.
make: *** [initialize-database] Error 255

[root at oti rt-3.6.6]# mysqladmin -u root password dhananjay123
mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)'

Please anybody can help me for this?

Thanks in advance
Regards

--
Dhananjay Joshi

Great Software Laboratory Pvt. Ltd.
3rd Floor, Vishwakalyan, S.No. 149/3, Off ITI Road,
Aundh, Pune - 411007 INDIA
http://www.gs-lab.com/
Work: +91 (20) 25888301
Cell: +91 9960296413