[rt-users] Import Users from NIS or radius??

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Fri Feb 22 11:34:17 EST 2008

Greg Evans wrote:
> Mike,
>
> Thanks, that helps a lot and I can refer to the LDAP threads as well for
> that info. I guess my question in return then is thus:
>
> Since (at least at present) we want to have our users account information in
> RT, but we don't want them to actually be able to access it, but we do want
> the information from NIS in RT, how would the NIS info populate the Users
> table? I guess that is my question, since we want them all in RT so when we
> take a ticket from a given user over the phone, we don't have to create the
> user and then the ticket.

You would need to make sure (I'm not sure if it does, off-hand) that the
New Ticket creation code tries calls the Update and AutoCreate methods
on the user before creating the ticket.

So that, when you create a new ticket, you enter the user's e-mail
address in the requestor field, and then as the ticket is submitted, RT
will check for a user, update the user's info if found, or autocreate
the user if not found, and then create the ticket.

I can try to be more clear if you decide to take this route and when
it's not half four on a friday.
--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com