[rt-users] MySQL session problem

Matthew Seaman matthew.seaman at thebunker.net
Sat Feb 23 16:25:51 EST 2008

Ren-Shan Luoh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Recently I'm installing RT 3.6.5 from FreeBSD ports.
> The newly installed system can not keep data in the MySQL session store,
> but it works normally with the File session store.
> It looks like the same problem encountered by Matthew Seaman mentioned in
> http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-users/2007-September/047788.html.

The fix I discovered on this list was:

ALTER TABLE sessions MODIFY a_session longblob ;

See: http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-users/2008-January/049583.html

> When a new user connect to the system,
> it creates a new, empty, abnormally long (103 bytes rather than 56 bytes)
> record in the 'sessions' table.
> When being 'thawed' by Storable, it only returns 'undef', not a hash
> with a _session_id.

It's possible this is an effect due to using utf8 as the default
character set, which uses three bytes per character in certain
circumstances.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--
Dr Matthew Seaman                     The Bunker, Ash Radar Station
PGP: 0x60AE908C on servers            Marshborough Rd