[rt-users] HTTP and HTTPS on same RT server?

Joseph Spenner joseph85750 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 09:23:27 EST 2008

--- Danie Marais <danie.marais at attix5.com> wrote:

> Matt,
>
> Maybe I am daft, but the SSL cert sites I looked at
> listed it at $399 per
> year.  Where can you get $20 certs?

You can generate your own SSL certs for free.  The
only reason you'd want to buy them from Thawt ($150
ish), or super gold plated Ferrari certificates from
VeriSign ($900) is if you don't want browsers to
complain due to an unknown Certificate Authority.  If
your RT systems aren't going to be on the Internet
and/or you don't care about the warnings, you can
generate your own certificates using openssl, and set
them to expire in 50 years.