[rt-users] behavior of email with multiple attachments

Chris Fabri fabric at northwestern.edu
Tue Feb 26 11:23:06 EST 2008

On 2/25/08 2:22 PM, Ruslan Zakirov wrote:
> yep, only top most text part is treated as content of a transaction,
> all other parts are treated as attachments. You can configure
> notifications to attach those objects as well to outgoing emails. Read
> about that on the wiki - page Template. As well, you can add links to
> those parts instead of sending them, this is also described on the
> wiki.

I sent an email to the list on Feb 12th about adding the links to
tickets.   I couldn't get it to add the attachement link and send
content - it only sent the attachment.  I would love to have this
functionality, but can't figure out what's wrong with the template.
This was the template:'

{ my $res;
    my $Attachments = $Transaction->Attachments;
    $Attachments->Limit( FIELD => 'Filename', OPERATOR => '!=', VALUE =>
'' );
    while (my $a = $Attachments->Next) {
      $res .= "New attachments:\n" unless ($res);
      $res .= "  ". $RT::WebURL ."/Ticket/Attachment/". $a->TransactionId
."/". $a->id ."/". $a->Filename;
    }
    $res;
}

I found the info on adding all attachments, a special RT header called
"RT-Attach-Message: Yes".  This looks promising.    Since our email
servers limit attachmetns to 10 MB, it's not that big a deal to always
send an attachement when present.

However, I really like the idea of having a link to attachements added
for just the particular transaction if an attachment is present, so if
you have any input on the above, that would be great.    Thanks for the
response Ruslan!    chris