[rt-users] Deployment Inquiry

Huw Selley huws at s2s.ltd.uk
Thu Feb 28 10:44:27 EST 2008

On 28 Feb 2008, at 15:13, Todd Rittinger wrote:

> Hello Everyone!

Hello :)

> I have a question regarding deploying RT. Currently we use individual
> queues for our product line, internal support, and interdept.
> requests.
> This keeps the queue list to a manageable amount. I was curious if
> anyone has deployed with a queue per customer instead of product,
> service, etc. If so, does this render your queue list a bear to
> manage,
> or has it been a successful deployment type for you? Tips and/or
> suggestions, pitfalls/gotchas?

My org uses a queue per customer and it's been working out quite well
for us.  Management of the queue list is not much of a burden, it only
takes a few mins to add a new one. We rarely need to remove a queue.
I guess the amount of customers you have (and how much customer churn)
will dictate how well it could work for you.

Regards
Huw

s2s company email disclaimer    : http://www.s2s.ltd.uk/datasheets/email_disclaimer.pdf
s2s company registration number : 3952958
s2s VAT registration number     : GB763132055
Business premises               : Ground Floor, Overline House, Crawley, West Sussex, RH10 1JA
Registered address              : Heathcote, Kings Road, Ilkley, West Yorkshire, LS29 9AS
Place of registration           : England