[rt-users] Is there any disadvantage of "Precedence: bulk" in RT emails header

Mark Chappell m.d.chappell at bath.ac.uk
Fri Jan 4 05:33:47 EST 2008

Asrai khn wrote:

> Recently we got into problem where spamcop blacklisted our RT mail server IP
> (rt using another host for relay emails) then we start using the same host
> MTA (postfix) where RT is installed.
>
> Now yahoo is Rate limiting emails from our RT which causing delay in emails.

That won't be because you're adding a "Precedence: bulk" header.
That'll be because you were auto-replying to too much spam.

We tend to be fairly aggressive on our spam checking when it's going
into RT, with procmail dumping the mail into a separate mail folder if
it even suspects that the mail is spam.

We also send our RT mail out through our main mail relays which means
that if we do auto-reply to spam then the spam/ham ratio is much lower,
since our staff and students are sending legitimate mail out to yahoo as
well.

Mark
--
Mark Chappell