[rt-users] Portal Integration

Mark Chappell m.d.chappell at bath.ac.uk
Mon Jan 7 10:11:05 EST 2008

Mathew Snyder wrote:

> This leads to my question.  Is it possible and has anyone integrated RSA
> authentication into their RT setup to allow for the type of behaviour I'm
> looking for?  That behaviour would be to allow persons that log in to the portal
> to have access to the RT Self Service UI.

Assuming you've got the Apache magic in place to do the RSA
authentication for you, it's not massively complex to get RT to use
Apache's authentication and trust "REMOTE_USER"

You just need to add

Set ($WebExternalAuth , 1);
Set ($WebFallbackToInternalAuth , 1);

To your RT configuration And RSA protect the /SelfService directory

To use CAS (http://www.ja-sig.org/wiki/display/CAS/Home) with the system
I ended up using a couple of extra hoops to bounce you to a seperate
page so I only had to do the authentication once (Getting partially
logged out every 2 hours got annoying).  But it worked without them.

Mark
--
Mark Chappell
Unix Systems Administrator