[rt-users] fastcgi setup (debian, rt3.6, apache2

Tom Vier tom at triadsys.com
Mon Jan 7 13:49:34 EST 2008

Now i'm stumped. I have both apache2 and mysql running on this machine.
RT works if i access using 127.0.0.1 or it's lan address. However, if i
try the lan address from another machine on the lan, only the login
screen works. After you click login, the browser goes to /index.html
(empty file in /var/www/) instead of /rt/index.html. The html source
shows the post action as "index.html" from a local browser and from
another machine (using both firefox and ie).

===

/etc/apache2/sites-enabled:

Include /etc/request-tracker3.6/apache2-fastcgi.conf

NameVirtualHost *
<VirtualHost *>
         ServerAdmin webmaster at localhost

         DocumentRoot /var/www/
         <Directory />
                 Options FollowSymLinks
                 AllowOverride None
#               tried these two lines, no help:
#               Order allow,deny
#               Allow from all
         </Directory>

         <Directory /var/www/>
                 AllowOverride None
                 Order allow,deny
                 allow from all
                 # This directive allows us to have apache2's default
start page
                 # in /apache2-default/, but still have / go to the
right place
#               disabling this makes no diff:
#                RedirectMatch ^/$ /apache2-default/
         </Directory>

         ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
         <Directory "/usr/lib/cgi-bin">
                 AllowOverride None
                 Options ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
                 Order allow,deny
                 Allow from all
         </Directory>

         ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log

         # alert, emerg.
         LogLevel debug

         CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access.log combined
         ServerSignature On

     Alias /doc/ "/usr/share/doc/"
     <Directory "/usr/share/doc/">
         Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
         AllowOverride None
#        Order deny,allow
#        Deny from all
#        Allow from 127.0.0.0/255.0.0.0 ::1/128
     </Directory>

</VirtualHost>

===

/etc/request-tracker3.6/apache2-fastcgi.conf:

# You might want to enable this line
# AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

# These are set properly by the libapache2-mod-fastcgi package
AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
#FastCgiIpcDir /var/run/fastcgi

# Tell FastCGI to trigger on the handler
FastCgiServer /usr/share/request-tracker3.6/libexec/mason_handler.fcgi

# Bypass FastCGI for images
Alias /rt/NoAuth/images /usr/share/request-tracker3.6/html/NoAuth/images

# Use the handler for everything else
ScriptAlias /rt /usr/share/request-tracker3.6/libexec/mason_handler.fcgi

<Location /var/www/rt/>
  DirectoryIndex /rt/html/index.html
# these made no diff:
# Order deny,allow