[rt-users] FW: Patch for rt to process tickets with the same subject?

Josh Rivel jrivel at contextweb.com
Mon Jan 7 17:01:29 EST 2008

Hello-

So we do a lot of our RT work here via email.  We're running rt-3.6.5
with RTFM on Ubuntu Server 7.10.  If someone replies to a thread, it
will open up a new ticket, so then it makes it difficult to track down
the original ticket.

Example.

queue name is department at somedomain.com
All our email is handled on our Exchange server.
the RT box polls the Exchange server every minute via fetchmail, here's
a snippet of the /root/.fetchmailrc

username departmentname at domain.com password 'something' mda
"/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue 'Department Projects' --action
correspond --url http://internal.ticketing.server"
username departmentname-comments at domain.com password 'somethingelse'
mda "/opt/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue 'Department Projects' --action
comment --url http://internal.ticketing.server"

So if I send an email to departmentname at domain.com with subject "ticket
for foo" It will create a ticket.  If someone else replies, even with
the same subject, another ticket will be created.

I tried applying the patch here:

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/InReplyToParsing
but sinec that's for an older version of RT (3.4 vs. 3.6.5) I managed to
apply it but then no emails were being sent out at all (so not a valid
solution)

Sorry if I'm beign unclear, I'm trying as best I can to describe the
issue as clearly as possible.

Thanks
--
Josh