[rt-users] What criteria do you use when deciding the number of instances of RT?

Todd Chapman todd at chaka.net
Thu Jan 10 10:20:46 EST 2008

I have had to think about this a lot. Maintaining one RT with customizations
for lots of different groups can be challenging. Maintaining multiple RT
instances and trying to keep some customizations in sync across those
instances can also be a bit of a pain.

So what it comes down to for me is risk. I can't have my externally facing
customer service queues being screwed up by customization for my internal
queues. So for me customer service gets its own instance and everyone else
gets another instance.

-Todd