[rt-users] So confused on group and user rights?

Jake Conk jake.conk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 19:31:28 EST 2008

Benjamin,

Thanks, I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling confused about rights in
RT :) After a little fiddling around I notice I wasn't seeing my own
tickets created because an admin had to go and assign the person who
wrote the ticket as the owner of the ticket then they appeared in my
unprivileged user's home page.

I'm not exactly agreeing with the way this system works now. By
default if I create a ticket then I should be able to see all the
tickets I created in my home page under "My open tickets", to me that
makes perfect logical sense. I think I've wasted too many work days on
trying to figure out this ticket system and it doesn't work the way I
thought ticket systems should work. It could be that I'm too dumb to
figure this out but I hope thats not the case lol.

I just tried OTRS (http://www.otrs.org) and I was able to get that up
and configured the way I need to in about 15 minutes! The clients see
what they need to see and the admins see what they need to see! It
makes perfect sense and just works.

Maybe I'll come back to RT another day but thanks for your help guys,
I really appreciate you guys trying to help me get RT configured the
way I need it but I guess RT is just not for me.

Thanks,
- Jake