[rt-users] Repeat login requests under FreeBSD

Matthew Seaman matthew.seaman at thebunker.net
Tue Jan 15 16:06:12 EST 2008

Yitzchak Schaffer wrote:
> Greetings all --
>
> I managed to get RT 3.6.5 running under FreeBSD 6.2, MySQL and Apache
> 2.2 with mod_perl via the rt36, mysql50-server, apache22, and mod_perl2
> ports.  When I fire up Apache and login as root, I can follow links, but
> I have to re-enter the login at each link.  I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.11
> and IE6, and I see a cookie called RT_SID_......
>
> I didn't encounter this problem when I installed from RT source under
> Debian with comparable packages and config settings.  Any ideas?
>
> Many thanks,

I have much the same setup you do -- I found this fix on the list:

ALTER TABLE sessions MODIFY a_session longblob ;

which worked for me.

See: http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-users/2006-July/040411.html

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--
Dr Matthew Seaman                     The Bunker, Ash Radar Station
PGP: 0x60AE908C on servers            Marshborough Rd