[rt-users] Custom field values from external DB

Yitzchak Schaffer yitzchas at touro.edu
Wed Jan 16 15:17:17 EST 2008

Wes:

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing, but your suggestion
gives me an idea:

We have a database of subscriptions we support.  We want to be able to
associate those records with tickets in RT.  I'm thinking we can simply
run a regular cron job to sync rows in the CustomFieldValues table with
the other DB.  (It will also have to delete from ObjectCustomFieldValues
if we delete from the other DB.) This will avoid our having to poke
around in the RT code, and also will save us the DB connections, as you
point out.

Many thanks,

Yitzchak Schaffer
Systems Librarian