[rt-users] Ticket forward,custom field and reporting

R Wahyudi rwahyudi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 18:07:54 EST 2008

Hi All,

I've setup RT ticketing system to track product warranty and complaint
for a small retail business.
So far their response has been very positive and within 2 weeks of
implementing RT we've receive
few positive feedback from customer. Thank you RT !!!

My next task is to setup a reporting system so that we can forward and
provide evidence to the supplier
of faulty items.

Here is what I've setup :

Customer is entering their details via web form :
http://cms.atomik.com.au/fault.
This information then sent via email to gmail account. Every 5 minutes
I have a fetchmail running of crontab to
fetch email from gmail and pass it to RT. I am using RT 3.6.5.

Information sent is in text format, so we can only search for customer
email address and customer name (which get displayed on the subject).

1. Do you guys have any suggestion, example, or pointers on how to
setup RT so it recognize some field (eg phone number or invoice number
)
so that we can search it ?

2. How do I customize the field in : "More about <user email address>" window.
currently its only showing tickets thats have new or open status. I
want to list 10 of user ticket no matter what the ticket status. How
can I do this ?

3. What is the best way to send a report to manufacturer including the
history of what we did ? Different product comes from different
manufacturer.

Any help or pointer will be much appreciated !!

Rianto Wahyudi