[rt-users] How-to-do? Ticket Custom fields with different pragmatics in Ticket life time

Todd Chapman todd at chaka.net
Fri Jan 18 07:52:31 EST 2008

Dirk,

What you want to do is going to be very difficult. If custom field
permissions checking had some context of the current ticket having it's CF
permissions checked then you could do something clean, but unfortunately no
context is provided.

There are callbacks that allow you to override what mason components are
used to display each CF and they do have ticket/page context, so you could
use them to display edit/display read-only/not display based on the ticket
and what context the CF is being viewed in.

-Todd