[rt-users] rt-mailgate HTTPS

James Moseley jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
Sun Jan 20 11:24:40 EST 2008

First of all, what error messages were generated when you tried to send
email to the RT address via bounced emails or from RT/mail logs?

Secondly, rt-mailgate works just fine with HTTPS only installs - you've got
to make sure that all your SSL related PERL modules have been installed,
namely Crypt::SSLeay

Lastly, what do your aliases look like?

James Moseley

             "Roy Sowa"
             <Roy.Sowa at rcmp-gr
             c.gc.ca>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  <rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com>
             rt-users-bounces@                                          cc
             lists.bestpractic
             al.com                                                Subject
                                       [rt-users] rt-mailgate HTTPS

             01/20/2008 08:11
             AM

I have seen list reference to email tickets not working with HTTPS
configurations.
Some indicate that a local http connection must exist for the rt-mailgate
to work

my current install is 3.6.5 using Lighttpd

Everything is working fine using the GUI.
but I cannot get emails to open tickets.
I have verified that I can actually receive smtp mail sent to a user on the
box.

-  I redirect my http to https
- my /etc/aliases point to the https url
-my lighttpd.conf is below;

$SERVER["socket"] == "xx.xx.xx.xx:80" {
#server.document-root        = "/"
server.document-root        = "/opt/rt3/share/html/"
  url.redirect = (
     "^/(.*)" => "https://mysite/$1"
  )
}

$SERVER["socket"] == "xx.xx.xx.xx:443" {
server.document-root        = "/opt/rt3/share/html/"
        url.rewrite = (
          "^(.*)/Ticket/Attachment/(.*)" => "/$1/Ticket/Attachment/$2/"
        )

fastcgi.map-extensions          = ( ".css" => ".html", ".js" => ".html",
"/" => ".html" )
ssl.engine = "enable"
ssl.pemfile = "/etc/lighttpd/ssl/domain.com/server.pem"
$HTTP["useragent"] =~ ".*MSIE.*" {server.max-keep-alive-requests = 0 }
}

I do not know where best to try and resolve this  ...( web config or
rt-mailgate )

I would be very grateful if someone could point me in the right direction
on what or where to go from here.

Thanks
Roy