[rt-users] HA: UTF8, MIME::Encoding Subject Line, troubles again/still.

Alexey G Misyurenko mag at caravan.ru
Mon Jan 28 05:09:54 EST 2008

Some addition info about this one bug

> Next bug is in showing transactions.
> For test is, I reply to the first ticked created upper.
> It's subject line is
>
> Subject: =?UTF-8?B?W2NhcmF2YW4gIzIwMDQ2NDZdINCi0JXQodCi?=

To the /REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway is posted next data

Subject: =?UTF-8?B?W2NhcmF2YW4gIzIwMDQ2NDZdINCi0JXQodCi?=

But in oracle DB (ATTACHMENTS.HEADERS) is stored
1) for web created = MIME Encoded
2) for mail replay = MEME Decoded

My opinion is that Subject is several times encoded/dencoded and one time is Superfluous.
My bee this Superfluous encoded/decoded is a reason of "template based bug".

--
Best regards, Alexey.