[rt-users] NotifyActor even prevents explicit CCs?

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Mon Jan 28 13:43:31 EST 2008

At Friday 1/25/2008 08:31 PM, Ruslan Zakirov wrote:
>I think it's been there for ages and sure you're right that it's kind
>of odd and unexpected. Forward this  message to the bug tracker so
>you'll be able to track it.
>
>On Jan 23, 2008 6:41 PM, Jay Lee <jlee at pbu.edu> wrote:
> > We have NotifyActor set to 0 to cut down on the amount of useles
> messages RT
> > sends.  However, it seems this even prevents the actor from receiving
> > messages if they explictly enter themself into the CC: field on a Reply or
> > Comment.  Is this the desired behavior?  Would it make sense to override
> > NotifyActor if the address is explicitly set?

We have patched our RT to implement this behavior, also to have
explicit Cc & Bcc override the ticket squelch list. i.e. if you're on
a ticket's squelch list and someone puts your address as an
additional Cc/Bcc, you will get the email.

If there's interest in our solution I can post our patches.

Thanks,
Steve